If you are unable to write on your Micro SD card, there are two possible causes, one is if you are using a Micro SD to SD card adapter because it has a built-in lock feature that prevents accidental erase. It prevents you from writing to the card. Here we are going to list all the possible methods of removing write protection and formatting your memory device for it to work in a regular operating mode.
Accessing SD card by Registry modification
This is a way of disabling write protection, if Registry is mishandled, your operating system will be disrupted. We recommend you to take a backup copy of your windows registry before you follow the below steps:
- Open the Registry editor as an administrator.
- Navigate to the catalog
- Right-Click on the Storage Device Policies and select the new value of the parameter DWORD for 32 bit OS and QWORD for a 64 bit OS respectively.
- Rename the DWORD/QWORD to Write Protect and double-click on the line to change the value to 0.
- Now you can remove the memory card safely and reboot your computer.
Disabling write protection using GPEdit
It gives you permission to access an SD card restricted by the Windows local group policy. Follow the given steps to remove the “read-only” option in your SD card:
- Start > Run > gpedit.msc
- Tap on the Computer Configuration > Administrative Template > System > Removable Storage Access.
- Disable the parameter “Removable disks: Denay All Access”
Lock Switch check
You have to check the lock switch in your Micro SD card and the adapter. If the lock witch is loose and easily moves then it the switch is sliding to the locked position. The lock switch is on the left side of the adapter card.
Formating via mordern digital camera
How to fix a SD card via Canon and Nikon Camera models:
- Insert your SD card into the device.
- In the camera menu, select the formatting command.
- Write the files onto the formatted card.
Formatting the card
- “Computer” from the start menu and select the “Manage”.
- Click on the “Disk Management” from the Storage list on the left pane of Computer Mange properties.
- Select your Micro SD card and right-click on the “Format”.
There are many ways to remove the write protection in the Micro SD card. The